Some of the question we get asked the most.
- Do You have a Warranty?
We guarantee all of our work for one year against defects in materials and craftsmanship.
- How long does it take to dry?
Allow 4 hours before foot traffic. Keep grout dry for 3 days after initial cleanup. Avoid scrubbing grout for about 20 days.
- Does grout have to be cleaned before staining/sealing?
New grout is ready for protection ten days after installation and does not need to be cleaned. On older tiling, the grout joints must be clean and free of dust, dirt, sealers, or coatings of any kind.
- How should I maintain my ceramic tile?
Ceramic tile should be maintained using a neutral PH tile and grout cleaner. Harsh cleaners like bleach, ammonia and vinegar should be avoided and can damage grout.
- How long does the Grout Color Seal Protection last?
If the tile and grout are maintained properly, the protection will typically last up to 10 years or more.
- What is the curing time for the Grout Color Seal?
The protection will take 2-3 weeks to fully cure. During this curing time the grout should be kept dry. Spills should be wiped up and the floor may be spot cleaned but mopping should be avoided.
- What type of grouts can and can't be stain/sealed?
Our stain/sealer is designed to be used with all sanded and non-sanded cement type grouts. Because the stain/sealer is a water based acrylic, it cannot be used over epoxy based grouts.
- How is the Grout Color Seal applied to the grout?
First we brush the Grout Color Seal into each grout joint by hand. We then remove all of the excess sealer from the tile. Finally we inspect the floor, hand buffing to ensure both quality and a streak free surface.
- Can the Grout sealer match my grout color?
Perfectly. Our color seal can match all of the grout manufacturers colors, and can even be custom matched to fabric and carpet.
- Can I change my grout color?
A. Yes. Our process allows you to change grout to light or dark with hundreds of colors & shades to choose from. Save a lot by updating old tile instead!
- Should I seal my grout and tile?
Grout is porous and without protection it will begin absorbing dirt and grime immediately after installation. Even with regular cleaning, this can leave your grout color uneven and dirty.
- How long will a project take?
Projects can regularly be completed in a day, sometimes less!
- How long will the Grout Sealing process take?
Color Sealing Protection can usually be applied in 3 to 6 hours depending on the size of the surface being sealed.
- How long after the Grout Color Seal has been applied before I can walk on the floor?
The floor will be ready for light foot traffic in about 2 hours.